Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Post marathon let down?

I haven't run since the marathon..........I intentionally took a week off post marathon to rest and recover (and to earn back some domestic points), but now I am having a hard time getting back into the swing of things. I have a run scheduled for Saturday morning and that might be all I get in over a two week period; yikes. I feel so much better when I exercise, I'm just amazed at how quickly I got out of the workout routine. I know the holidays are partially responsible; we have activities almost daily and the weather has been TERRIBLE either bitterly cold or massive rain fall.

One thing for sure, I need a goal - a scheduled race. The only things on the 2010 calendar at this time are a half marathon at the end of January and a half marathon Mother's Day weekend (May). I need to pick a spring marathon; any suggestions? I really, really, really want to qualify for Boston and run it in 2011; I will turn 50 in 2011 and I think it would be a great way to celebrate my birthday.

I have also fallen off the 100 push-up and 200-sit-up wagon; I made it to Week 3 Day 2 and then came my marathon and trip & NOTHING since then. I intend to start back up Saturday but I need to figure out where I should pick up the schedule; probably back to Week 2 Day 1.

Have an awesome day.

No comments:

Post a Comment