Thursday, January 21, 2010

Busy week, sore arms and sunshine

Wow, this push-up challenge is starting to take its' toll on me, it's getting harder and harder. I just (barely) finished Day 2 of Week 4 - let's just say that the form on the last 4-5 was pretty bad. But I did it! I also did Day 2 Week 4 of the 200 sit-up challenge this evening and got a 3-1/2 mile fairly hilly run in. I guess I deserve to be tired.

The Fitness Challenge at the gym begins February 1 and I am really looking forward to this; with the exception of the push-ups and sit-ups all I have been doing is running and have been very neglectful of everything else.

I'm going to be running in the Vancouver Lake Half Marathon this Sunday; I have done this event twice and while I am not a fan of the course it is a very well organized event and a good PR course as it is nice and flat. As a bonus, I think the weather is supposed to be good this weekend.

Oregon has nothing on California in regards to rain they have been having recently; have you seen the photos? I have family in Southern California and they are all o.k., albeit a little soggy.

The sun has been out at some point the last two days; it is amazing what seeing the sun does for you, least of all it gives you hope that the rain won't last forever.

3 comments:

  1. I feel ya on those pushups. My progress was sloooow!
    Good luck and have fun at your half! Hooray for good weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy,
    Good luck on Sunday!! I bet you will do great and I see a PR in your future:) I can't wait to hear how it goes!! Have a great weekend Kathy!!

    ReplyDelete