Wednesday, January 6, 2010

It is Hump Day!


I'm so excited to be participating in TWO 1000+ mile challenges this year. Check out the cool logo http://tallmomontherun.blogspot.com created for her challenge.








I have so much going on and I am so excited about the coming year......






I registered for the Missoula Marathon yesterday; it is being held July 11th. Here is my dilemma, I really want to run the Newport (Oregon) Marathon as well, the problem is that it is June 5th (6 weeks in between). I have no doubt I can run both races; as long as I don't race both races :-) I know that I will want to race Newport as I am seeking redemption from my last performance there; while it was not my personal worst, it was close. Newport is close to home and therefore not an expensive outing so it kind of makes sense to just do it.






My husband is from Montana and he is really excited about me running in Missoula; he did both his under grad and grad programs at the University of Montana. The marathon received high marks as the Best Overall Marathon through the Runners World Readers Choice Award. I am a little worried about the weather in Montana, it could be bitter cold or brutally hot; the first year they had this race (a couple of years ago) it was close to 100 degrees. I need to qualify for Boston at one of these races; I have 8 minutes to chew up and I think it is definitely doable on either course.






I think I will also be running the Philadelphia Marathon in November. Based on how quickly Boston filled up for 2010, this event is too late in the season to ensure that if I qualify I can run Boston in 2011.






It is so nice to have options, but I really don't know what to do. In a perfect world, I would like to get a 4-minute PR at each of the two races; I think this makes the goal a little more manageable and accomplishable.






Thoughts?



















4 comments:

  1. I have a friend who ran in Missoula the year it was super hot. Other than the obvious the reviews were good.
    I'd race Newport and enjoy Missoula.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Teamarcia, race Newport. I would love to do a run in Montana sometime....it is so beautiful there:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what are you current race stat's that you've had so far? (5k, 10k, half and full) What is your BQ time?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you like the logo.. You know that is a picture that my bestfriend took while I was on my 22 mile run :)

    I say go with your heart. I would love to run Newport someday.

    ReplyDelete